With all the inspiring vegan blogs out there it wasn’t easy doing this, but here are the vegan blogs that I like the most and recommend you bookmark and visit on a regular basis. They are in no particular order:
1) oh.she.cooks – This is one of the very first vegan blogs I discovered when I first registered on WordPress, and it is as fresh as ever. Has tons of delectable recipes, many of which are simple and can please even the most stubborn carnivore. Recipes are often Middle Eastern, but it also draws from various cuisines from around the world. Also has a lot of tips for Orthodox Christian vegans and Orthodox Christians in general, especially when it comes to oil-free food preparation during fasts. I’ve actually tried a few of the recipes from oh.she.cooks, and can’t praise her enough.
2) Love and Lentils – A vegan or near-vegan blog that has so many amazing, delicious, healthy vegan recipes that I would probably never leave her home if I was invited over. From the easy-to-make to more elaborate vegan recipes, Love and Lentils has it all. Her eclectic recipes often make me go “wow, I didn’t know you could do that!”. The super-nutritious recipes are occasionally Greek but with a vegan twist. Besides being a terrific mom, the author of this blog is an expert yogini.
3) Abby’s Kitchen – A very wide range of extremely delicious vegan recipes, from the Middle East, to east Asia, to Mexico, and occasionally veganized American favorites. All her recipes are very healthful and nutritious(she often lists some potential health benefits), but she never sacrifices flavor. Her deserts are heavenly! This blog is a vegan health-nut’s dream. The author of this blog is a garlic-holic, so if you love garlic, this is the blog for you.
4) Sciency Things – Not a recipe blog, but a superb science blog authored by a biologist who is a dedicated vegan and also a distance runner. The author generally focuses on nutrition, animals, and the environment, often covering some controversial issues. A blog you must visit if you are vegan(or not vegan), or interested in science, to help stretch your mind. This is the kind of vegan blog where many assumptions are thrown out and difficult questions are asked.
5) Sunshine and Slaughter – This awesome vegan blog has a little bit of everything. The latest vegan news, as well as nutritious, mouth-watering recipes, vegan nutrition tips, animal rights activism, vegan fashion, restaurant reviews, you name it. It’s the full package when it comes to the vegan lifestyle. The author is the kind of vegan who wears a vegan leather motorcycle jacket.
Don’t take it personally if I didn’t list your blog here. You all inspire me. I love all vegan blogs, and I want to congratulate all of you for working hard on them and contributing to the vibrant vegan community here on WordPress. In case anyone is wondering, no bribery was involved in the making of this list.